Friday 4 January 2013

The New Year Trench

Its the first poor weather day for a very long time and we’ve hired a mini-digger to run a trench for a second electricity supply to the house. Paul & Tracey were out early so by lunchtime there is a large pile of ‘mud’ and a very deep ditch from here

P1040843

to hereP1040840

Macca and Crumble were keen to help and Cookie to spectate but eventually they came in out of the mist and watched me light the burner, take down the Christmas tree and make chicken soup!

 

 

P1040830

Now I’m thinking about a design for quilting the scrap quilt made last spring and now hanging on a temporary design wall while I wait for inspiration. It will be the largest one I’ve quilted so far so I need a quilting pattern that can be repeated and will compliment al those straight lines.

P1040834

No comments: